A Few Useful Garden Planting Tips
Garden planting is not just about putting seeds into the ground, watering them and waiting for them to grow. It is much more complicated than that. But at the same time, because of the effort that it takes, it is also much more rewarding than people think. A lot of people do gardening as a way to relax and appreciate the earth more, while some people make use of gardening to grow their own vegetables and to be less dependent on supermarkets for their food. If you want to start a garden because of one, or both or any other reasons, here are a few useful garden planting tips that you may not be aware of.
* Before you even touch the ground, take note of what time of the year it is. The best time to start your planting would be right before and after the summer, which is spring and fall respectively. This is because the heat from the summer is just too hot, and your young plants may be too fragile to handle the heat.
* Water the soil at least an hour before garden planting, so as to make sure that the soil is workable. Do not over-water it, because the flooding will cause the roots to suffocate and drown.
* Do not over-rake the soil. This will create what is called “thin soil,” which is more susceptible to becoming mud if it rains.
* Remove all weeds from the garden area, so that you are sure that all the nutrients from the soil are going all to your plants.
* The time of the day that is best for garden planting would be during a light rain (although this is bad for your health,) after a light rain, late in the afternoon, or on a cloudy day. This is because you are avoiding stressing the plants when they are most vulnerable.
* Set the plants in the ground as the same depth as they were in the container before you dug them out. This will be so that the plant will not be shocked at the change in soil depth, and will be able to continue on in the way that it was growing before.
* Make sure that the garden area drains well. If there is too much moisture due to faulty irrigation, then the roots of your plant will die or rot.
These are only very basic tips and tricks for when you are starting out with your garden planting. The more advanced you get in your skill, the more tips and tricks you will be able to figure out for yourself. And remember: your garden always needs love and attention! Give an abundance of this to make your garden even more successful.It appears that your web host has disabled all functions for handling remote pages and as a result the BackLinks software will not function on your web page. Please contact your web host for more information.