Encourage Your Kids To Eat Outdoors
A garden can be a fun, tranquil area that provides refuge from the rest of the home. The homeowner can relax in an environment that transports them to an exotic location free from distractions.
Inexpensive garden tips
A garden can seem like an expensive addition to a property. But with some planning, initiative and a little bit of architectural know-how, anyone can have the garden of their dreams.
– Cheap tools: Use cheap tools to do the digging, scraping and shoveling; the soil won’t know the difference.
– Used pots: Fancy pots with brand name designs are unnecessary. Go to thrift stores and garage sales and buy some used flower pots. They will be significantly less but will work just as well.
– Collect branches: Stores actually sell branches, which you can find lying on the ground for free. Go into your back yard and collect all of the fallen branches. Using a staple gun and some twine, you can create beautiful, sophisticated designs and arches.
– Find stones: Mother Nature can help you decorate your garden free of charge. When you are walking around, keep a lookout for interesting rocks. Trails, back roads and creek beds are brimming with garden accessories.
– Bird feeder/bath: Attracting birds to your garden is cheap and easy. A bird feeder/bath only costs a few dollars and will bring frequent visitors to your backyard sanctuary.
Parties and gatherings
Now that you have plants, stones and feathered guests, you need one more great addition: friends. Drinks, appetizers and lively conversation are a great way to bring a garden into full bloom.
Having a get-together in a garden is so much more refreshing than putting chairs out on the driveway. Sidewalks and light poles are nothing compared to Earth’s natural sights.
Use your garden to create a welcoming space for garden parties and outdoor dining.
Including the children
A garden can be used to create a fun, entertaining space where the whole family can gather for meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks can be had on a bench surrounded by plant life.
A garden also makes a great location for birthdays. Balloons and streamers can be draped across arches and tree branches to create a festive atmosphere. And since it’s on your property, you won’t be charged an entrance fee.
A garden can be created with natural or man-made materials. But it must include love, patience and family.